When it comes to Facebook marketing, there is no dearth of advice and helpful tips – everyone has an opinion on what works and what doesn’t. Studies are conducted, data is analysed and conclusions drawn – which vary for different domains and verticals. Since brands are always on the look-out for different and innovative ways to attract and engage fans, here are some resources offered by the platform itself, to help marketers and page managers get the most out of Facebook for their brands.
- Facebook Studio: According to Facebook, this is ‘a place to celebrate the agencies and marketers that are driving business growth through real connections and authentic conversations made possible with Facebook.’ The site features agencies and marketers who have created significant, game-changing campaigns and shares success stories and tips from them. They also recently held the Facebook Studio Awards, which recognised some outstanding brand campaigns that were grounded in social insights and authentic conversations. The top honour went to the ‘Small Business Saturday‘ campaign by American Express.
- Facebook Success Stories: This website presents case studies of successful campaigns in a video format, which offer an in-depth look at the campaign, from start to finish – from ideation to execution. The featured case studies are from brands in various verticals, and include giants like Pepsico India, Starbucks, Ford, and smaller brands like Ticket Master and 1-800-Flowers.
- Brand Resources and Permissions Center: The Brand Permissions Center provides guidelines for page administrators on all aspects of managing campaigns, such as the correct way of references Facebook or using logos, trademarks and screenshots. There are also sections that provide comprehensive information on Facebook Ads and Facebook Badges.
- Facebook Demo Tool: This helpful tool allows page administrators to create and view a mockup of what their ad content would look like in the form of premium placements or sponsored stories. It is simple to use and gives a far better idea than a generic sample, of how an ad would be viewed by its audience. Demo ads can be created, viewed, edited, and shared.
- Facebook Marketing Page: The page provides news and best practices for marketing on Facebook. News related to upcoming events and webinars, guidelines for changes or new features in the interface, useful insights and suggestions for marketers can be found here.
- Facebook Live: A channel for live-streaming videos featuring Facebook staff members discussing new features and products, or insights about how people are using or the site. It also has interviews with celebrities and prominent people such as Israeli President Shimon Peres and Christine Lagarde of the IMF, on topics related to technology and social media
- Facebook Blog: A behind-the-scenes look at what happens at Facebook. The place to go to for new announcements, features and updates about the site.
Share with us – did you know about all of these resources? Which of these do you think is useful for your brand page?